Monday, February 20, 2017

2017 Schedule

I didn't do a very good job of keeping my blog in 2016. I'll try to do better in 2017.

We are again hosting a full brevet series, with the entire series being done before July. This is to help facilitate my own training for London-Edinburgh-London in late July. LEL is the British version of Paris-Brest-Paris, but 200K longer with a 116 hour and 40 seconds time limit. It's pretty ambitious of me to think I can pull this off, but I'm gonna give it a go.

The 6th annual Bert Karp Memorial Populaire will take place on the 4th of July as usual. We had about 35 riders last summer, and we had a great time. Hoping we can top it.

We will cap off the season with a 200K in Yellowstone Park-as long as the weather cooperates.

Here's the schedule for 2017. The dates are firm. The starting locations are somewhat tentative, but not likely to change. More info will be posted at my Montana Randonneuring website. Please feel free to email me with any questions.

Date-Distance-Start/Finish

April 29-200K Belgrade
May 20-300K Helena
June 10-400K Missoula
June 30- 600K Belgrade
July 4-100K Bozeman
Sept. 17-200K W. Yellowstone