Monday, May 30, 2011

Gallatin-Jefferson 400K. Home court advantage.


My third brevet of the season, the Gallatin-Jefferson 400K is all set to go for Saturday, June 4, 2011. Dare I say, the weather forecast is even looking favorable (knock on wood).

This route will be fun for me. These are my home training roads and the start/finish and an intermediate checkpoint are at my house in Belgrade. The first 100 miles is a loop of Bozeman and the Gallatin Valley and the second 150 goes to Whitehall and Silverstar. Lots of turns in the first part and much more spread out in the second part.

A pre-drive of the route with my son Jackson revealed no major road construction projects or serious flooding issues. There is some sort of rodeo event going on in Whitehall on the day of the ride though-so we'll probably have to deal with some horse trailers. Hopefully they'll be sober.

All the pertinent info is on my brevets website.

No comments: